Télé Lumiere noursat tv as its name indicates means the "TV of Light".
Télé Lumiere’s mission is to provide unity among different religious groups and various denominations of Christianity. noursat arabic is not associated to any political party or movement. It is a non-profit organisation and it does not broadcast any political views or promote any commercial endorsements. The channel being a non profit broadcasting station has no lucrative purposes and survives only from various donations given by its supporters and friends.
The Church has continuously cooperated with this television station, as it found that it promotes the principles of justice, love, freedom and human rights which are values called for by Christianity everywhere.
telelumiere is supervised by the Assembly of Catholic Patriarchs and Bishops in Lebanon and directed by a committee involving religious leaders from various denominations and a group of laity.
The relationship between the Church and Télé Lumière is organised through a “cooperation protocol”.
In June 2003, on Pentecost, tele lumiere celebrated its 12th anniversary as well as the launching of its satellite station Noursat covering Europe, the Middle East and North Africa. A year later, on the 8th of September 2004, noursat began its official broadcast in North America, South America, Canada and Australia.
Télé Lumière, since its beginning has established a set of goals which includes the following:
- A commitment to the teachings of Jesus Christ and the Church, respecting other religious beliefs and getting to know and love them in order to work together for the dignity and worth of the human person.
- Reaffirm the faith in Peace and Human Rights in harmony with the values mentioned in the Charter of the United Nations.
- Allowing for the possibility of different races and creeds to gather through a free dialogue to exchange views and experiences and to confront daily problems in all their complexities.
- Spreading true knowledge as a means of human progress, through rejection of racism and openness to others in ways of thinking, acting and ways of life and by encouraging creativity in the various fields of science and arts.
- A respect for all spiritual and worldly authorities as persons and symbols.
- A respect of all laws and regulations.
- A refusal of presenting or marketing political news.
After all these years of broadcasting, Télé Lumière has become a source of peace for many viewers from different denominations.